The New Year is nearly here and so are new opportunities. Last week, film shop owners shared their 2022 goals. From training apprentices, leaning on others, emphasizing new business segments and building brands, the resolutions were varied. Today, I’ll share three things I aim to accomplish in the next 12 months.
1. Amplify Industry Voices From Afar
Blogging has allowed me to share my personal side, my professional growth and your stories. WINDOW FILM magazine’s blogging efforts will be amplified in 2022 with three new bloggers in the mix. These industry veterans bring so much to the table, and I can’t wait to share their pieces with you. Keep an eye out for their content in 2022:
• Chris West, director of automotive films for XPEL, will share insights and tips in “The Cornerman.”
• Cheyanne Kahele of Kaloko Tinting in Kona, Hawaii, will detail her journey from employee to business owner in “A New Hat.”
• Joshua Miller of Green Valley Window Tinting in Henderson, Nev., will cover health and wellness, cryptocurrency, leadership and jiu-jitsu in “Like a Sponge.”
2. Build Connections in Person
I’ve been blessed with the opportunity to chat with apprentices, attend fundraisers and network at the 2021 SEMA Show. I plan to converse, connect and build relationships with even more of you in 2022. The 2022 International Window Film Conference and Tint-Off™ (WFCT) Sept. 14-16 in San Antonio, Texas, is at the forefront of these efforts.
3. Keep Busy With Facebook Messenger
Many of my most-read stories originated from the Window Film Pros Facebook Group and Facebook Messenger conversations. Stories like The New Guy—What’s Your Why?, Shady Jay Finds His Sunshine, ‘Tis the Season: Film Shops Tint For Toys, and Meeting in the Middle: Georgia Film Shops Tint for Time were told because of personal outreach.
In 2022, I want to continue communicating with all of you. If you have a story idea—or want to chat—I am a message away on Facebook.
Thank you to each of you for the continuous stream of support throughout 2021. Here’s to an even better 2022!